Independent & Private Schools
Online Social Profiling in Education
Online social profiling
and the associated compliance requirements that employers have to meet
did not exist when many of the UKís teachers were trained. This has become such
an important topic within the profession that the TES and NUT are endorsing action.
profiling for recruitment
Online social media checks for the education industry are becoming as essential
as CRB checks and references. Under the watchful eyes of parents and Ofsted, you
must have a protective policy in place which all staff understand and comply with.
What is an online social profile check?
Accrediting your school or college with
certification will cost-effectively demonstrate that you are raising the bar in
your awareness of the impact of social media throughout recruitment and employment.
These are some of the elements included in each
report, which will also provide key indications of each teacherís understanding
of online communities:
- Employer Risk Rating: A traffic-light system which can indicate training
- Privacy Rating: A measure of information that an individual makes freely
available to everyone online.
- Content Rating: A measure of commercially unfavourable content.
- Professional/Social Weighting: Weighting of professional and social posts
- Visibility Landscape: The variety of areas in which an individual is apparent
online social profiling
criteria can be adjusted according to role, your working culture and ethos. Post-recruitment,
our monitoring reports provide you, your wider team, regulatory bodies and parents
with confidence in your systems and ethics.